Over the summer, we have been running a trial on the farm to supplement our usual fish feed with live black soldier fly larvae. The Seafood Innovation Fund has funded the trial.
We are hoping that the trial will show that by feeding larvae:
- Trout gut biome is improved
- Nutrient absorption of the regular feed is improved
- The risk of disease is reduced
- We can reduce the fishmeal in the feed
- The trout tastes the same or better
We would be very grateful if you could cook both fillets the same way and let us know which one tastes better, or if they both taste identical.